Tensar International SARL is part of Tensar International Corp. The organisation is world market leader in reinforced earth structures and stabilisation of pavements (both foundations and asphalt) in civil engineering projects. Tensar provides tailor-made consulting in the fields of infrastructure, rail, geo-engineering, and foundations as well as stands out in innovation, technical support, and excellent service. The organisation has clear growth ambitions which is why we are looking for:
1. Application Technology Manager, Asphalt Interlayer Systems, EMEA
About the Job:
Improve Tensar market position for Asphalt Interlayers applications with primary emphasis on solution & system sales increase in EH territory by providing an expert point of contact for sales teams in these areas, developing the selling proposition of new products and systems, enhancing the selling proposition of existing products and systems, exploring new markets for asphalt products manufactured by Tensar, collaborating with others to identify the needs of customers in each market sector and actively participating in the development and promotion of new business opportunities.
- In conjunction with the Director of Technology and with input from International Business Managers, Technology team, Marketing, Finance, etc., development of strategy and action plans for Asphalt Interlayers products and systems across EMEAR territories that will meet corporate objectives and tie-in with TIC global Sales and Marketing strategies.
- Identify, with collaboration from the Product Manager, Sales and Marketing Teams, areas of threat from competitive offerings and propose strategies to combat, such as R&D, marketing, cost analysis, technical etc. and ensure that the EMEAR sales teams and our Distributors have a clear understanding of the economic as well as technical benefits of our systems in local markets and a can convey the advantages offered over competitors to these to customers.
- Organise and where necessary conduct original research to budgets and within acceptable timescales with industry and academic institutions to develop new applications and enhance/support the selling proposition of existing products and applications, including production of reports and papers (see 9) and internal collateral.
- Review technical documents (AS/TS/DS) from Design Department and Area Civil Engineers to ensure commercial and technical competency is preserved and relayed clients and, in conjunction with Design Services Manager and Design staff, ensure that technical adequacy of proposal is maintained.
- Act as first point of contact and provide expert assistance for agreed territories and mentoring advice to Sales and Design teams for Asphalt applications (including providing background support of general construction knowledge/techniques, on installations) to identify opportunities and enhance selling propositions.
- Prepare commercial and higher level technical documents and give presentations to high-level decision-makers in support of regional and country specification development and System/Product Approvals.
- Develop and maintain concise, technically viable, selling propositions and PR for all Asphalt systems and applications by market and target audience. Communicate these propositions, conjunction with the Marketing Department (in the form of standard presentations, summaries, etc.) to sales and distribution.
- Identify new market opportunities, in conjunction with Business Development Managers develop strategies and implement action plans to exploit these opportunities and communicate to grow sales. Work with Business Development Manager to develop sales at higher level in existing (eg. UK, Germany, UAE) and developing markets (e.g. Romania, Spain).
- Prepare and give commercial and higher level technical presentations to high-level decision-makers in support of new applications, specification development and system/product approvals.
- Agree with regional directors a plan for participating in actively in relevant trade association meetings, conferences (including production of academic and commercial Papers, collaboration with industry/academic partners), etc. to support the industry interests of Tensar and executing plan.
- Analyse and report monthly on asphalt product profitability and success, identifying areas of concern for action to improve sales.
- Prepare annual research/expense budget proposal for AOP for Asphalt Applications in collaboration with Regional Managers and regional requirements.
- On agreed territories act as first Technology Department contact person for Sales and Design Teams.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills (take ideas on board quickly, identify key issues, digest and handle large quantities of information).
- Organisational skills (excellent administrative skills and able to work on different projects to several deadlines).
- Educated to degree level, preferably in a technical/engineering related subject. Specialisation in Pavement Engineering will be an advantage.
- Preferably with additional higher-level qualifications in a business or marketing related subject
- Some previous exposure to consulting and construction sector and ideally 10-15 years industrial sales/marketing with specification-based sales models.
- Experience within an international business
- A second European language would be an advantage.
- Strong IT skills including Word, use of databases, spreadsheets and presentation software
- Financial awareness and an understanding of what factors influence revenue and EBITDA.
- Extensive knowledge of other Tensar products and Applications to be able to give advice and assistance with other areas (Stabilisation, Pavement Optimisation, Grade Separation,Stratum) if required.
- At least one indexed publication.
- Self-motivated with a strong ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to work as a team player with excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to communicate verbally in writing, resolve conflict, and maintain constructive working relationships with people at all levels of the organisation.
- Strong communication and influencing skills (communicate clearly and credibly; maximise personal effectiveness by interaction with colleagues and external bodies at all levels) by means of presentations, conference calls and webinars etc.
- Creative and innovative (be open and receptive to change, develop own original ideas, evolve, adapt and follow through ideas, spot opportunities, manage change, display initiative).
- Willingness to travel 40-60% of the time
- Have a customer-focused approach.
- Pavements (asphalt surfaced) functional subject matter expert.
This position is based in one of Tensar offices in EMEA. Pay is commensurate with skill set and experience. Tensar International Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
To perform this job sucessfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Do you meet the above criteria? If you do, please apply by sending your CV and covering letter to Ceris Lovett, HR Business Partner, EH Human Resources Department, Cunningham Court, Shadsworth Business Park, Blackburn. BB1 2QX or e-mail to email@example.com .
2. Business Development Manager France (f/m/d)
The Business Development Manager is responsible for the technical consultation of public-sector customers, engineering offices, and construction companies based in France. After an extensive training, work will be done independently from the home office, but in close collaboration with the Area Manager for France, reporting directly to the management.
Tensar International is looking for:
· Bachelor or Master level of thinking in the field of Civil Engineering
· Full time availability
· Interest in the fields of geo-engineering and pavement engineering
· A passion to acquire unique knowledge and skills
· A practical and flexible attitude
· Capable of performing both independently and in a small team
· Proficiency in French (preferably native speaking) and English (B2) is required
Tensar International offers:
· Salary in line with market conditions
· A small team with unique technical expertise
· A full in-house training with geogrids in the fields of geo-engineering and pavement engineering
· A versatile function with a lot of room for further development and individual technical competences
· An international innovative company with an excellent track-record in the civil engineering industry
· Work on numerous big and small projects, both locally and internationally
Please address your application to: Anna Taylor, Director of HR, ATaylor@tensar.co.uk
For more information about this position, please contact Mr. Mekkaoui via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +33(0)478 676 213.